Friday, May 10, 2013

With Gratitude

With Mother's Day just around the corner, I thought it would be good to resurrect a poem I wrote to Mom for her birthday in 2009.  My gratitude to God for the mother (and father) He's given me grows deeper every day.  My sisters and I are richly blessed and indebted to the investment of our parents in our lives. 

With  all my heart I long to say
What’s brimming in my heart, oh, so true!
But mere human word can never portray
The love that I have for you.

How I thank you for all the ways
You've cared for me and this family,
In cooking, washing, cleaning, praying-
They’re constant and innumerable, the daily needs.

Then the prayers both day and night
For your husband and daughters to strengthen them for the fight.
Your listening ear and words of wisdom and truth
Will have a lasting impact on generations to prove.

Your investment in me, so constant and deep
Is a treasure enduring I’ll always keep.
As God continues to bless and give me years anew,
I have your example before me - I want to be like you. 

My  prayer is that God will continue to bless and restore
As you faithfully serve others and Him adore.
With deep gratitude to God on this special day,
Know that my love is with you - now and always.

No comments: