Monday, July 15, 2013

Biking on the Monon

I spent a most relaxing afternoon on Saturday with a friend biking on the Monon Trail.  There's something about leaving your work and responsibilities and enjoying the beauty around you that is most refreshing and invigorating.  And it was a gorgeous day!  The blue skies and white, puffy clouds overhead and a peaceful environment all around made our 3 hour ride delightful.  We started at 96th Street and ended well beyond 169th Street.  We took a couple of water breaks along the way and also snapped a few pictures.





The further north we rode away from the city, the quieter and more peaceful the trail became.  The landscape also changed from neighborhoods and small businesses to countryside and fields.  


We went as far as we could until the path ended - literally!


We then re-traced our steps, riding all the way back down to 96th Street.  Since this was my first time to bike this summer, I thought I would eventually begin feeling tired, but the opposite actually happened.  The exercise actually gave me renewed energy, and I could have kept on for at least another hour had I had all day!

We ended our afternoon with a cool treat:  frozen yogurt.  It tasted exceptionally good after being out in the sun for so long.  

All in all, it was wonderful afternoon.  We hope to do it again sometime in the near future, so if you enjoy biking and want to join us, then let me know!


No comments: