Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Other Spring Happenings

As I alluded to in previous posts, it has been a particularly full spring with a lot of extra activity.  How I thank the Lord for filling our lives with special people and events centered around his Kingdom and gospel!

I have been blessed to participate in our church's ESL program this last year.  It has been amazing to meet believers from other countries and share with one another the desires that God has put in our hearts.  Last Wednesday was the ESL graduation, and I was thrilled that Mom, Kathy, and Rachael could be there to experience it with me and meet my students from the last semester.  It was an awesome evening savoring ethnic dishes (prepared by the students themselves), enjoying music sung by a native from the Ivory Coast, and hearing what students learned in the various classes and presenting them with their graduation certificates.


Last Saturday, we attended the baby shower of a very special friend who is looking forward to adopting!  I was privileged to be the photographer for the event.




Throughout the last year, we have been blessed to host a ladies Bible study in our home on Monday nights.  Our times together studying the Word and praying for one another are precious memories to us all.  Last night was our last study until the fall, and we decided to take a group picture (though not everyone who usually attended was there).  What a special group of sisters in Christ!


So this more or less wraps up some of what has taken place the last month.  Now it's on to making final lists and packing boxes as Kathy leaves for Mississippi next Thursday.  I look forward to seeing what all God brings my way for the summer!

No comments: