Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer Happenings

Well, we are officially into the summer with the approach of the Independence Day holiday.  The last month has been one of transition for all of us as we moved Kathy to Jackson, Mississippi for the next couple of months.  We thank the Lord that she is doing well and greatly enjoying her Hebrew class, though we all do miss one another.  I've been trying to get used to having my own room.    While barely into the second week of classes, I found myself saying to Kathy on the phone, "Having my own room is going to get old real quick!"

I guess you could say we have all somewhat adjusted to the change and settled into new routines.  Rachael and I have enjoyed walking and biking together in the evenings as well as mowing the lawn and maintaining the flower beds.  With the cooler temperatures and rain, everything is green and continuing to grow so fast - including the weeds!

With the slower pace that the summer months bring, I have appreciated the opportunity to pursue other avenues of interest and devote more time to reading and writing.  One of my projects the last several weeks in the office has been designing the 2016 church birthday and anniversary calendar.  I am very grateful that a couple in the church supplied all the images this year.  The theme that I settled upon is the names of God.



Last week, I arranged for Matt Barnes to give Laura and the family as well as some friends from church and a former ESL student from Taiwan a tour of the Statehouse.  We had a great time together!


A significant milestone last Sunday was Samuel's baptism.  Such a cute little guy...


That's all for now.  As I mentioned earlier, I have enjoyed doing some extra writing the last week which you'll see on the blog shortly! 

No comments: