Friday, March 4, 2016

The Passing Days

It seems like I've been in a whirlwind since the first of the year, but now that many of my extra responsibilities and pressures have passed, the dust is beginning to settle around me and I'm trying to get back on my feet again.  As with the changing of the season, it is time for reevaluation and new routines so that the proper priorities are once more maintained.  I'm looking forward to what the warmer weather hast to offer!

Now for a look back at the last several weeks...

For Valentine's Day I made a three-layer, strawberry, heart-shaped cake.   I also baked brownies so that Benjamin didn't have to eat a pink dessert that night.  But lo and behold, everyone loved the cake, and Benjamin sweetly informed me that the color didn't bother him this year!


On February 23, 2016, we hosted a Pastors' Statehouse Day.  I enjoyed my role as registration coordinator.  We were privileged to have our sessions in the State Library Author's Room.  The architecture reminded me of our government buildings in Washington DC.  So beautiful!



This past weekend, I helped to host a baby shower for a friend.  It was a sweet time together.




I look forward to posting more regularly in the coming months.  Cheers to a beautiful weekend ahead!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Nice heart shaped cake, I was given one on Valentines day well ok it was the day before, but it was not nearly as large.