Sunday, December 10, 2017

God's Providences

It was confirmed today that Mom has sepsis as well as pneumonia. The infected line will be removed tomorrow. We are hoping for discharge Wednesday or Thursday.
I can't tell you how disappointing it has been to have all this happen right before the first of two weddings. I'm recognizing that I had subconscious expectations for how I wanted these last weeks to go - the things I wanted to do as a family, how I wanted to spend the time with my sisters, the memories I wanted to create during the holidays, etc. But I'm learning it's better to let God define how he wants us to create these memories and embrace them as the absolute best. "In acceptance lieth peace." (Amy Carmichael) Praying for his joy, his peace, his grace to be reflected in all that transpires in the coming days - and for special memories to be created as we accept what God has ordained.

No comments: