Friday, April 24, 2020

Fifteen Years

I have worked in this beautiful office for 15 years with some wonderful people, and now I'm called to leave. The last couple of weeks have held sleepless nights with my mind full of flashbacks from the past: like the time I came face-to-face with a huge buck while retrieving the mail (I think I was more surprised than he was!); or the time our quiet, ordinary afternoon was disrupted by a busted pipe that led to the water being turned off in the entire building on the eve of an event with the State Treasurer (Patrick Concannon saved the day!); or the time on that hot summer day when James Faris refused to answer the doorbell to let me in after I walked out without my keys (I mean really, folks, I rang and rang and rang that doorbell for dear life but concluded my pastor must be deaf. Try it one day and you'll see...) Oh the memories. I thank the Lord for the experience He gave me while laboring in that little corner of a three-story mansion. Years of growth and years of seeing the Lord work in people lives. These last fifteen years will always hold a special place in my heart. #2rpchurch #fifteenyears #leavingisnevereasy #godhasbeengood


No comments: