Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Spring Wedding


From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, 
no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him.   
(Isaiah 64:4)

Last Saturday, we witnessed the covenant marriage of a dear friend of ours.  We had been praying for several years that God would lead a godly partner to Kim, so you can only imagine our sheer delight when we heard of a budding relationship between her and Daniel last fall and witnessed their engagement in December.  Saturday was the fulfillment of so many prayers as well as an encouragement to continue hoping in God's power and wisdom as we wait on Him to satisfy our desires.

I was delighted in January when Kim asked me to be her wedding coordinator!  It was a tremendous blessing for me to work alongside both Kim and Daniel as they planned their ceremony and see the great love they had for another as well as their continual care for others even when life became so full with wedding details.  

Saturday was a gorgeous day both inside and out!  Thankfully everything that had been carefully planned was executed with relative success.  I had so much fun serving Kim, the bridal party, and all the family on that special day.  Here are a few pictures that both me and Kathy snapped in between running around everywhere:

Kathy was honored to be the guest book attendant.  I also solicited her help with many other duties that day.  She and Alissa were a wonderful support.

The flowers were so gorgeous!  And Kim's colors just happened to be my absolute favorite.





I was grateful to have a few moments with the beautiful bride before the ceremony.  

Although not the best shot, I only had my phone with me when I realized it was a "Kodak moment."  This bridal party was such a pleasant, happy group and made my job so easy!




Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Daniel Hemken!!!

No comments: