Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Springtime Celebration!


Saturday night was a fun time celebrating Rachael's, Essie's, and Benjamin's birthdays!  Mom, Kathy, and I decorated with balloons, streamers, a Happy Birthday banner, and a spring-theme tabletop.  I found a daffodil pattern online and made little flowers filled with pastel-colored M&Ms as party favors for everyone.


I couldn't leave out little Grace.  Her flower was filled with Graham cracker bits rather than chocolate.


We were happy that Ben's parents joined us for the party, too.  Here we are at the table - it was a full house!


Thoughtful Benjamin also brought over a friend for Duck for the evening.  Here are are Pal and Duck enjoying each other's company:


(And yes, I think it's about time we put up the snowman!)

Essie once again decorated the birthday cake with homemade fondant.  She did a beautiful job, and the colors of the cake matched the table perfectly!


I love this picture of brother and sister.  They were excitedly waiting to blow out the candles!


I was glad that the children decided to eat their cake outside on the deck with me.  It helped with all the crumbs. :)




And then it was present time, but first we had to snap a group photo.  It may have tried the patience of a few... :)




I gave Rachael the photo book I created of the year before.  This has been a tradition that we all enjoy.  


What a wonderful evening with a lot of fun memories!  We look forward to seeing God's continued work in all of these lives.

No comments: