Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Eagle Creek Park

This past Saturday, I took an out-of-state friend to a local park on the westside of town to enjoy the beauty of the afternoon.  I myself had never been to Eagle Creek Park before, so it was a fun adventure for both of us!


As we hiked through the woods and around Eagle Creek Reservoir with my camera in hand, I couldn't help but think that if we had come just a few weeks earlier, I would have been able to capture the splendid colors of Indiana's fall.   But even though the leaves were almost off all the trees, I still enjoyed snapping a few pictures of our surroundings.





Even with all the brown, there was a little color...



Before embarking on our hike, we didn't fully put two-and two-together what a 6.75 mile trail would be like, especially how long it would last!  But yes, we walked the full 6.75 miles (and then some).  It was a lot of fun, but towards the last half hour of our trek, we did begin to wonder if we chose a trail that would never end! :)

Eagle Creek Park is definitely on my list to visit next fall.  Anyone want to join me next time? ;)

No comments: