Thursday, November 26, 2015

November Happenings

Well, it has been a while since I posted some family pictures.  The month of November actually holds four Turner birthdays, so I am a bit behind on my writing.

Our first November birthday is big brother Ben's, but unfortunately his kind of snuck up on us, and I didn't take any pictures...

But I had another opportunity for Sarah's and Hannah's party. We decorated with pink and purple for the occasion of turning 4 and 6!!


Big smiles while singing "Happy Birthday"...


And since one of us is 500+ miles away, we utilized technology while opening the presents.  Here we are talking with Kathy and showing her all the presents via FaceTime.  It was so good to see her again!




The very next weekend we celebrated Samuel's 1st birthday.  And we decorated with red and blue rather than pink and purple. ;)


We actually had our first snowfall for the winter that Saturday!  November 21 was a cold and damp day.


Here's the cute birthday boy.  I just love that smile!


He had to have lots of "help" opening his presents, and there were, of course, several little hands eager to jump in and accomplish the task!



For some other November news, our church finally has its new sign!  This process has taken an entire year as we had to first go before the zoning board with a petition.  Once we can do some landscaping this coming spring, it will look very nice.


For our church's Thanksgiving lunch last Sunday, I made Pumpkin Pie Cake.  It not only turned out really pretty, it also tasted good!


In the midst to some challenging days, it was encouraging for a friend to drop by with a surprise Thanksgiving floral arrangement to grace our table for the holiday.  It was such a beautiful gift from the Lord.



It's hard to believe the end of November is here and December with all its festivities is just around the corner.  Kathy flies home on December 12, Rachael graduates December 19, and her open house is December 30.  Not to mention the kid's musical recital, Dad's birthday, Christmas, New Year's, etc.  I'm really looking forward to being together as a family again and rejoicing in an important milestone for a special person who has worked very hard for many years.  So be looking for more pictures and updates!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

As I was reading this post I was beginning to think I was going crazy. Because I expected Sarah, Hannah, and Samuel to have a birthday party at the same time. I was beginning to doubt me own memory as to when he was born. The north end of Dayton got some snow but it did not come far enough south for me to get any.