Wednesday, January 10, 2018

2018: My Presence is With You

A new year has begun. As I look at 2018, I'm already faced with multiple changes and challenges - and it's only January! When I don't look at it all with eyes of faith, it is very easy to succumb to fear and discouragement. God's message to Joshua, though, in Joshua chapter 1, has been a source of strength to my soul in recent days.
It was a time of great change and transition in the history of Israel. Moses had died, Joshua was commissioned as the new leader of the nation, and it was now time to enter the Promised Land and conquer it after wandering in the wilderness for forty years. Here are the words God spoke to Joshua and the people:
    - Go
    - My presence is with you
    - Do not be frightened but strong and courageous
    - Remember and obey my Law
So as this year advances with many changes in my own life, I'm encouraged in knowing that God is with me, so therefore, I do not need to fear. My prayer is that he will use all these things to strengthen my faith and that my life will reflect a submission to him and his Word. 
I do not know what all this year holds, but there's a promise that transcends everything: his presence is there.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9, ESV)

No comments: