Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Of Winter Days

It has been a harsh winter with snowfall after snowfall and bitter cold temperatures.  Today was another snowed-in-at-home day with a fresh 8 inches of snow on the ground.  It is quite beautiful, but I still long for the arrival of spring...

While dodging snowstorms and trying to stay warm, the last four weeks have been full of school studies, work responsibilities, church activities, and Bible study.  February promises to be the same with an added statehouse event.  At times it all feels a little overwhelming, but I'm also grateful that God has filled our lives with so many rich blessings.

In the midst of all the busyness, there are those times when we stop and sit at Jesus' feet to listen to His Word.  His truth brings comfort, revives the weary soul, and gives firm footing to continue on in the path of life.  Just the other morning, I was reminded of these precious promises:

I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you...For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.
-Jeremiah 31:3, 25-

In whatever circumstance you find yourself this winter, may you dwell upon God's love for you and find Him to be the Restorer of your soul.


No comments: